Solihull is at the hub of an air, rail and road network that joins every part of the United Kingdom, Europe and the world. Birmingham International Airport and Birmingham International Station (on the London to Birmingham route) and Solihull Station provide quick and comfortable links across the country, and are within 5 minutes of Solihull town centre.
If travelling by car, Solihull is just a few minutes away from Junctions 4 & 5 of the M42 which runs from north to south through the Borough and links at the northern boundaries of Solihull with the M6, and just outside the southern boundaries with the M40. These prime motorways lead to every major region of the country.
Solihull is highly regarded as an area in which to live and work. Nearly three quarters of Solihull is defined as Green Belt - with an abundance of parks and public open spaces - very much living up to Solihull's motto 'Urbs in Rure ; 'the town in the country'. It also has a wealth of high-quality leisure facilities, golf courses, an arts complex and sports centres.
Solihull is at the heart of England. It is at the heart of history. Roman legions tramped the lands and rested at Meriden; Anglo-Saxons hunted from hills like Elmdon (hill of the elms). In the years following the Norman Conquest, traders traversed the Midlands between centres of commerce. The Shakespeares prospered in the district and William wrote about the Forest of Arden.
The town centre itself is also steeped in history. The red sandstone parish church of St Alphege stands like a sentinel at the head of the High Street in Solihull - it was founded in about 1220 by Hugh d'Oddingsell.
Look ahead along the High Street from the porch and one of the town's oldest landmarks is on the right; The George - now called the Ramada Jarvis Hotel. It dates from the sixteenth century. On the opposite side of the High Street, is the Manor House which dates from about 1495.
Malvern Park, Solihull
A gentle stroll away are the nearest parks to the town centre - Malvern and Brueton parks. Bureton Park used to be part of the grounds of Malvern Hall, which dates back to about 1690 and is now home to St. Martin's School.